Quality Kids Care Made Easy
Access to quality dental, vision and orthodontic care has a lasting impact on a child’s health, confidence and school performance, so at Hero Practice Services, our goal is to make sure every child has access to the care they need. Since we offer multiple services under one roof, busy parents can schedule all their children’s check-ups in a single visit. We welcome Medicaid and most insurance plans at all our practices, so parents can get their children the care they need without worrying about the cost. Best of all, we make care fun. From our kid-friendly waiting rooms and treatment areas to our highly trained staff, we go out of our way to make kids and their parents feel comfortable.
Learn More About Our Services
Expanding to Serve More KidsOur History
Hero Management was formed in 2006 with the goal of expanding dental care access to pediatric Medicaid patients. Management soon recognized that there was an opportunity to offer patients additional services in the same location to more efficiently meet their healthcare needs. As such, in 2007 Dr. Michael Pharris joined the team as optometric owner and partner, and we began adding vision care to the practices. In 2008, the service offering expanded further to include orthodontics in several practices. To reduce costs while improving quality and delivery times, we added our in-house vision lab in 2009 which allows us to deliver eye wear in under five days. This facility was expanded in 2011 and today produces thousands of pairs glasses per year for both children and adults. Finally, in 2013 we began seeing general anesthesia patients in our newly created surgical operatory rooms for children undergoing dental treatments requiring sedation.
As our service offering grew, so did our geographic footprint. In 2007, the first locations outside of Colorado Springs were opened in Greeley, CO and Wichita, KS. Then in 2008, we expanded to Spokane, Baltimore and Washington, DC. In 2014, four additional locations were acquired on the East Coast and in 2016, six de novo practices will be opened in Colorado and Kansas.
In February of 2015 Hero Practice Services was acquired by Silver Oak Services Partners.
Visionary LeadershipOur Founder
Dr. Ronald Montano, DDS is the founder of Hero Practice Services. A graduate of the University Of Colorado School Of Dentistry in 2001, he has worked in the field of pediatric dentistry since leaving dental school. He has always focused on providing high quality dental care to the underserved population in the communities where he practiced.
Dr. Montano founded Hero Practice Services in 2006 and expanded from one dental office in Colorado Springs, CO to dozens of practices servicing the underserved from coast to coast. In addition to providing quality dental care, Dr. Montano believes in overall patient wellness which drove him to expand the service offerings at Hero affiliated practices. He added orthodontics to the Hero Practice Services product line to provide additional care to his dental patients, but then identified the need to address patients’ vision care needs and added optometry services.
Dr. Montano’s vision of providing multiple patient services at a single practice has set Hero Practice Services apart from other pediatric providers and has paved the way to improving the lives of over a million patients since 2006.
The Marriage of Quality and Efficiency
Hero affiliated practices treat hundreds of thousands of patients each year. To provide timely access to the most children possible in the neighborhoods we serve, requires a high level of operational efficiency. That’s where Hero Practices Services comes in. Below are some of the ways we support our practices to drive operational excellence:
- Staffing and Training: The most important factor driving impacting efficiency is the availability of a highly skilled and motivated staff. We have proven models to guide how much staff is needed and hiring and training practices to make sure employees get up-to-speed quickly.
- Scheduling and Appointment Reminders: Scheduling is critically important to our patients. They need to be able to get on the schedule quickly and, when they arrive, get treated on time. In many cases, we can offer same-day or next day appointments, can schedule multiple children for the same day and coordinate dental, vision and orthodontic appointments to make life easier for parents.
- State-of-the-Art Facilities: Our offices are designed for maximum efficiency and patient comfort. From the large, kid-friendly waiting rooms, to our treatment areas, the practices are designed to reduce bottlenecks and simplify patient flow.
- Billing: We strive to support our patients with all their billing needs working directly with public and private insurers to process payments with minimal patient involvement.
- Patient Education: We partner with the families we serve to help our patients stay strong and healthy. Education plays a big role and we deliver critical health information in our offices, online and at community outreach events.
Best-in-Class Compliance Program
To ensure our ability to continue to serve patients requires that we define and adhere to strict compliance guidelines. We are proud to have a highly effective compliance program in place that continually audits our practices to be sure we are living up to the high standards we’ve set for ourselves.